What You Need
- Baking soda
- 9x13 pan (I used a disposable one.)
- Food coloring
- Dropper (You can use a straw by placing in the vinegar and covering the other end with your finger to hold the vinegar in the straw. However, it will be hard to dictate the flow of the vinegar for a young child.)
- Cover the bottom of your pan with a layer or baking soda.
- In small bowls mix a portion of vinegar with a few drops of food coloring.
- Insert your dropper into one of the bowls and remove a portion of the colored vinegar.
- Drop into pan and watch for the reaction. Reaction is the same principle as your classic baking soda and vinegar volcano.
I could not quite capture the reaction. Have fun and experiment with different colors and even mixing different explosions to reveal a new color.